A delicious cheddar-based appetizer, usually made in the form of a cheese ball. Typically wrapped in bacon and served with jalapeño peppers for an extra kick!
The “kaukauna bacon jalapeno cheese ball” is a dish that combines two of the most popular flavors in America, bacon and jalapeños. The cheese ball is made with cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses along with bacon bits and diced jalapeños.
This Bacon Jalapeo Cheese Ball is a traditional party dish that was formerly offered at every get-together. It’s a cream cheese ball with crispy bacon, jalapeos, and shredded cheese within. What’s not to like about that?
« Do you have any cream cheese left over? Make Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers or Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Dip.
This is one of the simplest appetizers I’ve ever made, and I’m not exaggerating when I say that everyone raves about it. Wait till you sample it, even if you have reservations about a ball of cheese. It’s difficult to stop playing.
For a party, serve one and keep the other cold in the fridge in case the first is devoured in a matter of minutes. Serve with crackers, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and whatever else you have on hand.
You’ll Need the Following Ingredients
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this bacon jalapeno cheese ball. I’d suggest obtaining twice the ingredients if you’re serving it at a party so you can create two balls.
- Bacon — For this dish, thick sliced, middle bacon is ideal. You have the option of going smoked or not.
- Remove the seeds and ribs from jalapeo peppers for a milder taste, or leave as many seeds in as you wish to increase the spicy level.
- Cream cheese — For the finest taste and texture, use full fat cream cheese. Remove it from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before you want to use it.
- Mexican cheese mix – You may either purchase a package of shredded Mexican cheese or shred cheddar cheese to use in this ball.
- Smoked paprika, seasoned salt, oregano, garlic powder, and ground black pepper are among the seasonings.
How to Make a Cheese Ball with Bacon and Jalapeno
The nicest part about this appetizer is how simple it is to create. It just takes a few simple components to have everything ready to go.
Combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, diced jalapeño, and spices in a mixing bowl and stir well. Make a basin out of the mixture. I do this by scraping everything together in the bowl with a spoon, then forming a ball with my hands.
You don’t want to hold it in your hands for too long or it will get mushy. Roll up the ball on a piece of plastic wrap until it is completely covered. After that, chill it for about an hour to firm it up.
Just before serving the cheese ball, finely shred the bacon and arrange it on a platter with the remaining jalapeño peppers. Remove the cheese ball from the fridge and unroll it.
Roll it in the bacon and jalapenos until it is completely covered. To serve, place it on a dish.
- It’s simpler to break up the bacon into the little bits required to cover the surface of the cheese ball if you cook it until it’s fairly crispy. This is how to make excellent bacon in the oven.
- The jalapenos’ heat may be adjusted. Leave a few seeds and the white internal ribs intact if you want it to be hotter. Remove all of the seeds and white ribs if you don’t want it hot at all. This is how you should chop a jalapeño properly.
- Refrigerate the cheese ball until shortly before serving, then roll it in the bacon crumbles and jalapenos. Refrigerating the bacon after it has been rolled will result in mushy bacon.
- The cheese ball can keep for up to a week in the refrigerator. Prepare ahead of time for gatherings to save time!
What to Serve with a Cheese Ball
Crackers, toasted baguette pieces, and sliced veggies like carrots, radishes, and cucumbers are the finest accompaniments for this bacon cheese ball. If you want to be more adventurous, I believe apple and pear slices go well with this cheese.
With a mandolin, you can slice the veggies quickly and easily (like this one). In less than 5 minutes, you can chop a couple of carrots, cucumbers, and radishes. If you don’t have time to chop veggies, I recommend purchasing carrot chips, which are ideal for scooping up cheese.
TO SERVE MORE APPETIZERS
Do you like this dish? We’d appreciate it if you saved it to your Pinterest board so that you may share it with others! FOR MORE GREAT RECIPE IDEAS, FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, AND FACEBOOK! If you succeed, share a photo on Instagram using the hashtag #savoredsips.
Time to prepare: 5 minutes
15 minutes in the refrigerator
20-minute total time
With cream cheese, shredded cheese, jalapenos, bacon, and seasonings, this Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball is a terrific party snack.
- 1-2 jalapeo peppers, coarsely chopped (veins and seeds removed) (divided)
- 8 oz. room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
- smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- seasoned salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- a half teaspoon of oregano
- a quarter teaspoon of garlic powder
- 8 cooked bacon slices
- In a large mixing bowl, combine half of the jalapeo peppers, cream cheese, Mexican cheese, and spices. To blend, stir everything together well.
- With your hands, roll the cheese mixture into a ball. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 15 minutes to firm up.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the bacon crumbs and half of the jalapeo pepper. Remove the cheese ball from the fridge. Gently roll it in the bacon and jalapeo mixture until it is completely covered. Serve the cheese ball with cut veggies and/or crackers on a serving plate.
- If you don’t like jalapeo, green onion may be used instead for a milder cheese ball.
- Increase the heat of the peppers by adding extra seeds and ribs.
Information about nutrition:
Size of Serving:
1 tbsp. per serving 241 calories 21g total fat 11g Saturated Fat 0g trans fat 8g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol: 62 milligrams 536mg sodium 3 g carbohydrate 0g fiber 2 g sugar 10 g protein
Do you like it? Save it to your Pinterest board!
Laura is the creator and editor of Savored Journeys, a travel blog. She is committed to disseminating the most up-to-date knowledge about beverages from across the globe.
Watch This Video-
This is a recipe for an easy, spicy cheese ball that you can make with jalapeños, bacon and cheddar. It’s great as a snack or appetizer! Reference: spicy cheese ball recipe.
- jalapeno cream cheese ball
- frozen jalapeno cheese balls
- spicy cheese ball
- jalapeno ranch cheese ball
- fried jalapeno cheese balls